After growing my beauty businesses for over 14 years, these are some tips I’ve learned from growing my work-from-home business that I would like to share with you.
When you are your own boss, it’s such an amazing feeling to set your own goals, decide your own hours and build the future that you want for yourself and those who are important around you.
But when you are running your own business, you also must quickly come to the realization that if you do nothing, nothing will happen. Money doesn’t grow on trees, and neither do sales nor strong business partners.
Five Tips from a Beauty Boss
- Hold yourself accountable, be your own boss, but also, you need to be your own supervisor so, surround yourself with like-minded individuals that have a common goal in mind.
- Join an accountability partnership program where you are either paired with an accountability partner or you’re situated together in a group. Like a buddy system, these groups are not socialization groups, but a space where you can share your goals and progress. Our team hosts these several times a week and they have been incredibly helpful with our business growth.
- Organize your tasks based on priority and importance. Remember, not everything is urgent and important, delegate or delete tasks that are not urgent or important. By doing this, you will have more time to focus on what matters most.
- Be jealous of your time. Time is life…and tempus fugit. Time flies by with a blink of an eye. Time is something you can never get back and always want more of. Maximize your time by minimizing any time wasters whether it be distractions, tasks or yes, people. Leave a YES if you have ever found yourself procrastinating – I know I have!! Use your work hours as effectively and efficiently as possible so that you can maximize your off-work hours being present doing what you love with those you love.
- Be kind to yourself. Kindness is a gift and you ARE worthy of it!! Not everyday will be days where you get everything done on your todo list. Not every idea will bring you the results you hoped and that’s ok! Remember, you will fail your way to success. You will fail your way to success. When things don’t work out the way you planned, you learn from it and grow. Every situation is a time to learn either what to do, or what not to do. Fail your way to success and remember it’s ok.
I hope these tips have been useful to you as they have been to me. May I ask, is there anything that you know now that you wished you knew when you first started out? How have these actions or mindsets altered your career path? Leave a comment and share below.
If you’re here because you’re contemplating whether or not a home-based beauty business is right for you, jump on over to my facebook page to see if that answers any of your questions. If you would like some further insights, feel free to reach out to chat with me. I’m always here to help.
Wishing you great success!
Until next time, xo’s~